Acai berries have long been revered by indigenous cultures of the Amazon. Considered to be one of South America's most important superfruits, they were traditionally used in the daily diet and in both ceremonial and medicinal preparations. They are a nutritionally ideal, low glycemic superfruit with balanced amounts of fiber, carbohydrates and healthy fats. They are a source of Fiber and a host of antioxidants giving them an ORAC value of 1,900 per 1 teaspoon 4g serving. The ORAC value is a measurement of the antioxidant capacity of different foods. Antioxidant flavonoids known as anthocyanins give acai berries their striking purple pigment.
Not all Acai Powders are the same. Organic Traditions Acai powder is made from a proprietary gentle evaporation process to ensure optimal nutrient, enzyme and antioxidant integrity not to mention an incredible, intense acai berry taste. This process ensures that the delicate antioxidants and healthy fats found in the berry are not degraded. There are no fillers, flavors, maltodextrin, binders or sweeteners added, just pure concentrated Acai with the richest, freshest taste!
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- A source of Fiber and a host of antioxidants
- ORAC value of 1,900 per 1 tsp. 4 gram serving
- Proprietary low temperature drying process for optimal nutrient, enzyme and antioxidant integrity
- No fillers, flavors, binders, sweeteners or excipients added
Directions: Add 1-3 teaspoons of Organic Traditions Acai powder to water, coconut water, your favorite juice or to smoothies.