Oil of oregano is no average herb. Before modern science could point the finger at bacteria, herbalists and traditional doctors used oregano to effectively treat infections of all kinds, both topically and internally. As an antimicrobial it has the power to directly kill bacteria, viruses, intestinal parasites, and fungal infections. As excessive use renders many antibiotics ineffective against resistant strains, natural remedies become increasingly valuable. Oil of oregano is one of the few remedies that can fight superbugs, including the methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Powerful antioxidant
- Capable of scavenging free radicals and preventing cellular damage
- More potent antioxidant than vitamin E
- Four times higher in antioxidants than blueberries
- 12 times higher antioxidants than oranges
- Anti-inflammatory qualities
- Demonstrated anti-mutagenic and anti-carcinogenic properties